Soft plastic fishing

Fishing the Esperance region in the south eastern corner of Western Australia. Latest Beach Fishing and Boat Fishing reports from local correspondent Russell Stone. Bream, Mulloway, Snapper, Salmon, Groper...

Moderator: rusty

Steve Ward
Master Angler Ranking

Soft plastic fishing

Post by Steve Ward » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:50 am

Well is back to work for me after a 6 week break.
Had some good fishing in esperance while i was home, good to see the pinkies have stayed through the winter, first day home i went out by myself and got a couple of good size ones, then went out with murray a couple more times and cleaned up. it all came to a end when my near new 8120 navman died, so it was sent back and replaced with a new one , which didnt turn up to just before i was ready to fly out so not good.

Soft plastcs

I went back to NZ for a week to my brothers wedding and we took my dad out for some soft plastic fishing on the snapper, he had fished all his life but never on plastics. after setting him up we got into a heap of 2-3 Kg snapper on 6Kg gear, this was great to see some one getting into them at 83 years old,
While i was there i got onto the latest rig for deep sea fishing with soft plastcs, it is basicly a ball sinker at the bottom then a swivel, a peice of 80lb steel wire is attached tot he bottom of the swivel then passed through the top half of the swivel and a straw is attaced for support then out to the hook. this allows the soft plastic to have a strong action when drift fishing in deep water. we tryed it a couple of times and works well. so is worth a try. i wll take a photo of it next time i am home and post it on the web
Attachments
NZ Oct 2008 013.jpg
Fishing in NZ
NZ Oct 2008 013.jpg (68.18 KiB) Viewed 3343 times
Douglas patch Oct 7-2008 003.jpg
Douglas patch Oct 7-2008 003.jpg (79.15 KiB) Viewed 3343 times

Bob Fisher
Administrator

Pinkies on Soft Plastics

Post by Bob Fisher » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:14 pm

Pinkies on Soft Plastics

Hi Steve,

As no one else is responding, guess I should let you know:
great article and pics mate!!!

8)

Did you see Rusty's pics (in the W.A. section) on the spawning pinkies at the back of Garden Island?

Awesome!
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher
SportfishWorld, LLC.

Steve Ward
Master Angler Ranking

Post by Steve Ward » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:53 am

Hi Bob
Yeh Rusty sent the pic's to me, great photo's
Havnt heard from Rusty for a bit he must be flat out in the new shop, am hoping to get out camping with him at xmas
Steve

Return to “FISHING IN ESPERANCE, WESTERN AUSTRALIA”