2 Nighter at Isralite Bay

Fishing the Esperance region in the south eastern corner of Western Australia. Latest Beach Fishing and Boat Fishing reports from local correspondent Russell Stone. Bream, Mulloway, Snapper, Salmon, Groper...

Moderator: rusty

rusty
Forum MODERATOR Fishing in Esperance

Post by rusty » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:33 am

Fishing in Esperance

Hi all just returned from a two nighter out to isralite bay with Mike Smithson and his sister in law and her boyfriend scott, the trip out was pretty uneventful on thursday afternoon as the track was in the best condition we have seen for months, lets hope it stays that way as in the past a lot of guys dont let there tyres down and the corrugations can be horendous :roll:

We arrived at the beach at around 4 pm and decided to set up and fish the incoming tide into the wee hrs, the gutter we picked out looked the goods but at isralite sometimes the best ones are duds!
almost straight away we were into salmon in the clunker catorgory.

All bar a couple were released as we were using pretty heavy gear as the target was mulloway and they were pulled in pretty quick.

We fished till 10 pm and then mike and i returned to camp for a feed and some refeshments etc, we then decided to head back down to the beach and get back into it only this time we stopped in front of the reef hole, most would know what i am talking about.

The water in front of the reef was pretty skinny but mike believes thats the best, scott hauled in a nice gummie around 10 kgs within short time and i missed out on one having got it half way in and it dropped the hooks.

We got back into some more salmon and then every thing went quiete around midnight and scott and his lady returned to camp,mike and i stayed on another 2 hrs for zip and by then the lightning was getting scary and as both of us were using graphite poles we did a runner :shock:

The next day the site that greeted us was wall to wall sthn right whales and yes barra lotsa pics to come will post some today and some tomorrow ok!!!!!

That night the sthly set in and we fished all night for one rat mulloway by yours truly, mike could not take a trick and missed possibly 2 big runs in two casts as they just were not hungry, again the weather gods are amiss as when we got back to town

We found out that the front that blitzed us missed every where but where we were, so we will go back in a fortnight as the tides are right again, just on a footnote its a dam shame the way some of the quad nuts are tearing up the dunes down this way and in light of the recent death and shocking accident toll maybe its time they were banned !!!!! from coastal area's
Attachments
17TH AUGUST ISRALITE 048 (450 x 600).jpg
salmon and soapie
17TH AUGUST ISRALITE 048 (450 x 600).jpg (23.31 KiB) Viewed 2489 times
17TH AUGUST ISRALITE 047 (450 x 600).jpg
first mulloway for the trip
17TH AUGUST ISRALITE 047 (450 x 600).jpg (26.19 KiB) Viewed 2489 times
17TH AUGUST ISRALITE 046 (450 x 600).jpg
my small soapie just legal
17TH AUGUST ISRALITE 046 (450 x 600).jpg (24.85 KiB) Viewed 2489 times
17TH AUGUST ISRALITE 039 (600 x 450).jpg
mike with another nice salmon
17TH AUGUST ISRALITE 039 (600 x 450).jpg (32.88 KiB) Viewed 2489 times
16TH AUGST ISRALITE BAY GUMMIE.jpg
scotts gummie
16TH AUGST ISRALITE BAY GUMMIE.jpg (44.59 KiB) Viewed 2489 times
I live with fear sometimes she lets me go fishing!!!!!!!!

Return to “FISHING IN ESPERANCE, WESTERN AUSTRALIA”