Some more info for Wardie about SportfishWorld

Fishing the Esperance region in the south eastern corner of Western Australia. Latest Beach Fishing and Boat Fishing reports from local correspondent Russell Stone. Bream, Mulloway, Snapper, Salmon, Groper...

Moderator: rusty

Bob Fisher
Administrator

Some more info for Wardie about SportfishWorld

Post by Bob Fisher » Tue May 27, 2008 4:20 pm

Steve Ward wrote:Barra, I actually hadn't really looked at this whole web site untill yesterday when bob sent me a post from islander on west moore island. had just been looking at the esperance one to keep in touch with rusty. There is miles of good reading through there, will post it in the right spot when i do another trip away...
Wardie

Hey Wardie

Islander did a great piece on West Moore Island last year. It's an amazing pictorial on how they got the generator to the lodge!!! Remember that it's a remote island with no marinas or docks etc etc
It's fascinating stuff and definately worth looking at!!!

http://www.sportfishworld.com/sfwboard/ ... .php?t=534

Don't know if you are aware but we also have full blown fishing reports and feature articles... Shane Baker and Lukey did a bunch of them and I've done the rest...

http://www.sportfishworld.com/Fishing_R ... eports.php

http://www.sportfishworld.com/Fishing_R ... atures.php

and a few videos - including yours

http://www.sportfishworld.com/Fishing_V ... Videos.php

then a few people have opted for their own page (like Rusty)

http://sportfishworld.com/Fishing_Photo ... _Pages.php

unfortunately I have to add the images to the members page myself at the moment..I haven't had the time to write safe and secure programs to do it yet...

We encourage you (and everybody else) to take a look around and poke your nose in other peoples forums... have your say whenever you feel like it... make new friends, make suggestions, whatever...

(get some of your friends in Tanzania to join, maybe?)
Last edited by Bob Fisher on Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher
SportfishWorld, LLC.

Bob Fisher
Administrator

Danger in Tanzania!!!

Post by Bob Fisher » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:03 pm

Steve Ward wrote:I was doing shot gun duty for the gold shipment this morning, damn lucky i never got shot at, as they were threatening to do us over. The bandits come across from Ruwanda, Burundi every now and again and have a shoot up. They did one of the other mines over a few weeks ago , 1 guy got shot but they didnt get anything
I just read Steve's email again. More carefully this time... I didn't realize that he was personally involved in that incident. Holy crap!!! Hey Steve, we haven't heard from you in a while. Drop us a line just so that we know that everything's ok. Sounds like an extremely dangerous region where you are working!

I did some research on Tanzania (I had no idea what the politcal climate was like) anyway I got this info from an Australian Government Website: We advise you to exercise a high degree of caution in Tanzania, including Zanzibar, because of the threat of terrorist attack and high levels of serious crime. We continue to receive reports that terrorists are planning attacks against a range of targets, including places frequented by foreigners. Pay close attention to your personal security and monitor the media for information about possible new safety or security risks. We strongly advise you not to travel to the border areas with Rwanda, Burundi and the Democratic Republic of the Congo because of the risk of banditry. Australia does not have an Embassy or Consulate in Tanzania. The Canadian Embassy in Dar es Salaam provides consular assistance to Australians in Tanzania. The Australian High Commission in Kenya can also assist Australians.
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher
SportfishWorld, LLC.

Steve Ward
Master Angler Ranking

Post by Steve Ward » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:34 am

Hi Bob
Tanzania is actualy quite stable, there is always warnings out, they have been in place since the twin tower incident
We had a shooting the day after i posted the report. it was out side the mine in the local village, some guys went into he village and robbed it, our secuirty turned up and chased them in the night when they tried to escape on a motor bike, the bandits ended up dumping the bike and our securtiy turned up and started firing a few shots into the bush to scare them,
What the bandits had done was back track a bit so when our guys started firing the bandits opened up from behind them,
It all ended when our securtiy guys ran out of bullets and the bandits did a runner, one of the local villagers was shot int the leg in the cross fire and one of the bandits was wounded.
He managed to get to the local witch doctor for treatment, and he cannot be touched while he is under the witch doctors care, so the locals have the hut surronded and will what for him to come out.
Is usually pretty brutal when they get there hands on them.

We had a intrsusion through our tails dam last night and allot of our plastic liner has been stolen, so am off to deal with that

Unfortuanatly it is a part of life here

The compond we are in is secure, will take a few photos when i get time and post them
Attachments
Buly by Helo 002.jpg
This is our Security guys, they are a good bunch of guys
Buly by Helo 002.jpg (86.65 KiB) Viewed 6982 times

barra_on_fly
Forum MODERATOR Fishing W.A. & Australia

Post by barra_on_fly » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:46 am

:shock:

You can keep that Wardie, stuffed if I'd go there.... :wink:

rusty
Forum MODERATOR Fishing in Esperance

i will 2nd that

Post by rusty » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:59 am

Stevo bit safer here mate, only gotta put up with the turkeys at the boat ramp at bandie creek aye, guy swamped his tojo yesterday morning and we had to snatch him out, dont leave the car in nuetral when pushing the boat off aye, got his car started and he took off with water coming out of the doors :lol: :lol: i think he was embarrased, but seriousley the dough has to be good to keep you going over there aye!!!!
I live with fear sometimes she lets me go fishing!!!!!!!!

Steve Ward
Master Angler Ranking

Post by Steve Ward » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:30 am

The boat ramps can be pretty good humor at times, is amazing the amount of guys you see un hook the boat before putting it in the water , then watch it slide off a multi roller trailer onto the concrete ramp

The moneys the big thing here, need it to pay for all my toys, the weakening US dollar isnt helping at the moment as i get paid in $us
The money is getting pretty good at home now, so might be time to make a move back, have alot of fishing to catch up on,
realy need to start going exploring along the coast to eucla again, havnt done that for ages, there is so much good coastline from cocklebiddy out east to fowlers bay in SA

rusty
Forum MODERATOR Fishing in Esperance

sickies

Post by rusty » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:42 pm

When you get back steve be assured there will be some sickies, i am going to take a week off as i have not had break since last year.
things are very quiet at work at the moment, bit of a worry really
one cockie told me me today unless he gets rain in the next 10 days he is wiped out, the forecast is for rain sunday so here's hoping.
last week we had the big dry wind and i am reliably told lots of farmers last most of there plantings, one guy i know lost 1700acres
of canola, blown away!!!!
went down to the wharf after work for a bit of a look, one of my mates has been getting lotsa beakies at night, dab netting them.
he has got up to 6 dozen per night and some of them are crackers
they would make superb trolling baits up north aye, anyways i gotta go and see if the eagles can muster a win against esendon to night or do i cry into my beer again :( :( :(
I live with fear sometimes she lets me go fishing!!!!!!!!

Steve Ward
Master Angler Ranking

Post by Steve Ward » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:38 pm

sounds good to me , man am hanging out to go fishing, only 4 weeks to go. I had brendan a guy in tassie email me about my boat as he is getting a goldstar and he sent the below pic's of makos they catch there, wouldnt be fun to have one of them land in the boat, he sounds like he is as keen on fishing as us , so have forwarded the web site to him, hopefully we can get some posts from Tassie,
Trev emailed the other day to say he had been out to isrelite and the whales are in already, is always good to go out there to watch them, and catch georgies as well
Attachments
Mako1 02022008.JPG
Mako1 02022008.JPG (63.17 KiB) Viewed 6902 times

barra_on_fly
Forum MODERATOR Fishing W.A. & Australia

Post by barra_on_fly » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:31 pm

Wardie"s recruiting drive!
Top stuff mate!

Return to “FISHING IN ESPERANCE, WESTERN AUSTRALIA”