Beach Fishing for Mulloway

Fishing the Esperance region in the south eastern corner of Western Australia. Latest Beach Fishing and Boat Fishing reports from local correspondent Russell Stone. Bream, Mulloway, Snapper, Salmon, Groper...

Moderator: rusty

Bob Fisher
Administrator

Beach Fishing for Mulloway

Post by Bob Fisher » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:10 pm

Our Esperance correspondent 'Rusty' is the one who submitted the pic of his friend Steve Ward with a very nice Mulloway caught from the beach in the Esperance region. I put it in the Australia Photo Gallery but thought I would post it here as well, for comment/questions....
Attachments
Steve-Mulloway.jpg
I found this picture of a Mulloway that I caught at Isrelite Bay (Esperance, Western Australia) a while back, they should be starting to come in again, late April/May is the best time for them though. Steve Ward, Bulyanhulu, Tanzania.
Steve-Mulloway.jpg (42.89 KiB) Viewed 4869 times
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher
SportfishWorld, LLC.

barra_on_fly
Forum MODERATOR Fishing W.A. & Australia

Post by barra_on_fly » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:08 pm

Nice mulloway :shock: !
Surf fishing or out of a boat? Either way she's a beauty!

rusty
Forum MODERATOR Fishing in Esperance

beach caught mulloway!!!

Post by rusty » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:20 pm

This particular fish was caught in daylight hrs from the beach behind Stevo, its at isralite bay at easter in 2006 at the back beach, sth side!
on the eastern side is where i go with the tinnie to catch kgs, that particular beach behind stevo often holds pink snapper from xmas to easter, its the only place i know of that you can get pinkies consistanley from a surf beach apart from new zealand.
easter 2006 a lady caught a 37 kg mulloway at this location it made the local papers. nobody really says much tho about mulloway down here????? the last time i fished this beach was in january 2007 we caught mostley large tailor in the 5-8 kgs range this being pretty rare tho as this must be there most sthn haunt.
I am going out that aways at australia day weekend so will post results ok

Return to “FISHING IN ESPERANCE, WESTERN AUSTRALIA”