SKIPJACK 24' - Sportfish IV Looking Good

Sportfish IV is a 1977 24' Skipjack currently being restored.

Moderator: Bob Fisher

moikey

Treasure Island

Post by moikey » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:21 am

Timmy, I like where you're going with this. Capn Bob (or Mr. H), let me know when you're ready to set sail.

moikey

Awful quiet lately

Post by moikey » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:42 am

Uncle Bobby,

You've been fishing with your nephew (commendable for an old man like you - hope you didn't start talking about gladiators, etc...) So, what's the word on SF IV? When are you ready to set sail?????

Bob Fisher
Administrator

Gladiators

Post by Bob Fisher » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:24 am

Moikey,

I really don't know what you are talking about with the 'gladiator' reference... :wink: ...There are Turkish Baths here in Napa though....
The current condition of Sportfish IV is such that she could be taken down to the river for a trial run...The new fuel gauge isn't working properly and the batteries aren't secured in any way, shape or form. There are no seats in yet... However, I know that none of this prevents a 'trial run'... But I have been really busy and I have been taking Shunya (my nephew) down to the river and fishing in hmmm...which one is it? Sportfish III I think...

I guess I'll get back onto Sportfish IV real soon... I still have to sell
Sportfish II though, and tomorrow I'm changing the engine oil, oil filter and gearcase oil on Sportfish III... Tim says that he is jealous because he is in Indiana now and as I am here in Napa I should really focus on Stripers on Rat-L-Traps at this time of the year and Big John asked me to go Sturgeon fishing with him today in Montezuma Slough but I had to decline... too much to do, too little time...

With all of this this and a hell of a lot more on my plate, I don't have time for a job! Luckily I lost mine somewhere along the line...

The weather in Napa this past week has been bloody marvellous!
I have been quite happy just chugging up and down the river with the 15 horse
4 stroke AND I can get a weeks fishing out of one 5 gallon tank...
Last edited by Bob Fisher on Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher
SportfishWorld, LLC.

Bob Fisher
Administrator

Please Register

Post by Bob Fisher » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:28 am

Moikey,

You should really register instead of logging in as a guest all of the time!
and I have an avatar for you...
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher
SportfishWorld, LLC.

Bob Fisher
Administrator

Engine Cover

Post by Bob Fisher » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:54 pm

Ok Moikey and Lil' Timmy here's a quick update for you two...The weather has turned really foul so I haven't been able to get outside and do any new work on the boat. But before it went bad I removed the old engine cover and cut a new one out of 1/2 inch marine ply. I've reinforced the underside of the cover with cross-struts and fiberglassed them in place.
I'm going to put marine varnish on the top of the lid and I'm gonna get a vinyl padded seat cushion made that sits on top - but can be removed. Oh yeah... I'm also putting some additional struts on the inside of the engine box. I want the engine cover to be strong enough to support someone like Big John. I don't know if it will hold Big John AND Squid though...
Attachments
SportfishIV003x400.jpg
I've cleaned up the old engine box. It was a mess. I had to remove the plywood lid and the internal wood supports as everything had wood rot.
SportfishIV003x400.jpg (41.35 KiB) Viewed 8730 times
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher
SportfishWorld, LLC.

twmcdaniel

Finally

Post by twmcdaniel » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:40 pm

I knew if I kept bugging you that you'd finally put an update somewhere on this huge website about the progess on Sportfish IV. Shit, man, you've got a whole fleet of boats now! Anyway, looking forward to some of the "cabin" shots :wink:

moikey
Mechanical/Technical

ged

Post by moikey » Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:14 am

It's time to get er done. Stop procastinating and sell SFII and get SF IV in the water before you have to seriously think about getting a 'job' (how did they make a four letter word out of three letters???).

Anyway, I'm waiting for a call to say lets see how she behaves in the water so GED!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and that the new year brings many new and promising things to your life. 8)
Eat more NIKU...

Bob Fisher
Administrator

SPORTFISH IV FLOAT PLAN

Post by Bob Fisher » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:30 pm

I'll get back on to 'er real soon
I'll need some help getting her into the water
But first I've gotta finish this bottle of sake

And you're right I've got to get her done before I have to get a real job!
I am going to start looking in earnest in January. I plan on having a shower and a shave then too...

Merry Christmas
Attachments
THE_FISHMASTER.jpg
Merry Christmas to all smelly fisho's out there from the FISHMASTER
THE_FISHMASTER.jpg (38.63 KiB) Viewed 9007 times
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher
SportfishWorld, LLC.

Bob Fisher
Administrator

January 23rd - the LATEST

Post by Bob Fisher » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:22 am

The port and starboard battery boxes are complete. The forward hatch seal was leaking and has been replaced.
Attachments
Starboard_Battery_01x600.jpg
The port and starboard battery boxes are complete
Starboard_Battery_01x600.jpg (61.18 KiB) Viewed 8914 times
Hatch_Resealed_01x600.jpg
The forward hatch seal was leaking and has been replaced
Hatch_Resealed_01x600.jpg (47.74 KiB) Viewed 8914 times
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher
SportfishWorld, LLC.

moikey
Mechanical/Technical

Good weather = getting things done, countdown to launch

Post by moikey » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:19 am

Have you thought about putting tile on the top of the engine cover? I think that would give it a professional look - I saw the tile look on a boat somewhere... Maybe with a sink and washdown hose... :D
Eat more NIKU...

Return to “PROJECT FISHING BOATS:SKIPJACK 24'”