Skipjack 24' Project Boat - Preparation for the coming San Francisco Bay Area BOATING/FISHING Season. Yesterday I fitted the new Uniden Oceanus VHF radio. Today I prepped the boat for another trial run - hopefully tommorow or next weekend. You have to sort out all of the bugs BEFORE the fishing season begins!!! You should be running your motor in your driveway every few weeks during winter. (unless you are in sub-zero temps that is, and you've winterized it!)
Note: I run the boat in the driveway first, everytime, without question or exception, before towing it to the ramp! I can't recall how many frustated, early morning anglers that I've seen towing their boats back home because they wouldn't start...
Sportfish IV is a 1977 24' Skipjack currently being restored.
Moderator: Bob Fisher
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- I always add Sta-Bil fuel stabiliser to my boat fuel tank, home generator fuel tank and all of my spare jerry cans...
- Sta-Bil-Additive-Boat-Fuel.jpg (26.14 KiB) Viewed 2875 times
- Never run your boat in the driveway - even for 15 seconds without connecting it up to a hose and running water first!!! (I have a garden hose connected...)
- Required-Boat-Maintenance.jpg (32.92 KiB) Viewed 2875 times
- Run the motor in the driveway... and check for leaks. Fuel leaks, water leaks, whatever... I actually do this periodically throughout winter...
- OMC-V8-INBOARD.jpg (30.78 KiB) Viewed 2875 times
- I have Dual Batteries. Port and Starboard, under the floor... I finally put them in battery boxes secured by tie down straps. Not maintenance, just had to be done!!!!
- Marine-Battery-Boxes.jpg (27.8 KiB) Viewed 2875 times
- Lube the Wheel Bearings!!! You should have Bearing Buddies or similar... Penzoil Premium Multi Purpose Marine Grease
- Lube-Trailer-Bearings-02.jpg (33.59 KiB) Viewed 2875 times
- Lube the Wheel Bearings!!! You should have Bearing Buddies or similar...
- Lube-Trailer-Bearings-01.jpg (23.28 KiB) Viewed 2875 times
- I just put this on today too! It's been sitting on the table for weeks... My new California boat registration will see me thru to 2009!!!
- California-Registration-Sti.jpg (19.98 KiB) Viewed 2867 times
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher