Skipjack 24' - Trial Run Feb 2007

Sportfish IV is a 1977 24' Skipjack currently being restored.

Moderator: Bob Fisher

Bob Fisher
Administrator

Skipjack 24' - Trial Run Feb 2007

Post by Bob Fisher » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:34 am

I took Sportfish IV, my 1977 24' Skipjack 'Project Boat' for a trial run in the Napa River today - 16th February 2007. Once again, no luck... there is still an excessive amount of water in the fuel tank. I have already drained it a couple of times previously but obviously I haven't gotten all of the crap out... On this trip, I put in $100 worth of fresh gas, which is less than half the tanks capacity and she idled well, so we took off from the dock but then we bogged down and stalled once we were up on the plane. I drained the water separating fuel filter about 3-4 times before giving up and heading back to the dock.

An educated and well spoken fella who had been observing me having problems on the river, later approached me and said: "What's the problem?"

After I told him, he gave me a few good ideas and then stated that he used to work on old boats himself and eventually gave up with all of the hassles, so he bought himself a new Grady White...

I said: "And how much did that cost?"

His reply: was a "Hundred Thousand..."
Attachments
SportfishIV_03.jpg
Sportfish IV sits proudly and beautifully on her new trailer at Cuttings Wharf on the Napa River... That's why they call them 'Trailer Boats' ... most of the time they just sit on trailers...
SportfishIV_03.jpg (47.75 KiB) Viewed 3480 times
SportfishIV_01.jpg
Tow Vehicle: Dodge Ram with Cummins Turbo Diesel. Boat: Skipjack 24' with 307 Chev on new trailer...
SportfishIV_01.jpg (41.56 KiB) Viewed 3480 times
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher
SportfishWorld, LLC.

Return to “PROJECT FISHING BOATS:SKIPJACK 24'”