Sportfish IV is a 1977 24' Skipjack currently being restored.
Moderator: Bob Fisher
1 post • Page 1 of 1
If you are new to this forum then you need to look at the bottom picture first. This was the interior of the boat in the previous owner's driveway when I first saw it. So anyway, the latest updates are to the interior trim. The side panels were covered in vinyl over a foam padding but both sides were totally perished. I was going to replace the plywood backing, foam and vinyl but I am running out of time. The weather is incredible at the moment and I have to get the boat in the water...As an interim measure I have sanded down the ply side panels and coated them with an exterior, oil based polyurethane. However, I did replace the lid to the engine cover with new marine ply. It has a number of coats of polyurethane on the outside surface and fiberglass resin that has been sprayed over with rubber undercoat on the inside.
- SKIPJACK-24-003.jpg (52.37 KiB) Viewed 4542 times
- SKIPJACK-24-006.jpg (51.21 KiB) Viewed 4540 times
- The old lid was rotten and had pulled away from the hinges. I made a new one out of marine ply and I also reinforced the inside of the lid and the entire engine box. I then sprayed a rubber undercoat sealer over the fiberglass resin.
- SKIPJACK-24-005.jpg (104.82 KiB) Viewed 4538 times
- SKIPJACK-24-004.jpg (38.22 KiB) Viewed 4538 times
- DAY ONE. The boat in the previous owner's driveway. Among other things, the side panels were perished and were falling off.
- SKIPJACK-24-PROJECT-BOAT.jpg (62.06 KiB) Viewed 4536 times
Capt. Aussie Bob Fisher